Dental tourism (also called dental vacations) is a subset of the sector known as medical tourism. It involves individuals seeking dental care outside of their local healthcare systems and may be accompanied by a vacation. Dental tourism, just like your dentists at home, covers a wide range of procedures including the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of ailments affecting the oral cavity.
Specialties range from cosmetic dentistry to oral surgery. Affordable dental tourism is an excellent option for the medical tourist in most cases, although certain procedures like braces may be inappropriate based on the repeated visits necessary for adjustments. In most cases though, appointments and lab work can be expedited to meet your time-line, and treatments can easily be combined with sightseeing and a holiday for maximum benefit.
Passport Medical acts as a broker of service and can provide the best quotes from multiple dental tourism providers, all without charging additional fees. We can also arrange free consultations with your chosen dentist or oral surgeon before traveling.
To start saving money and to get your free dental tourism quote, click one of the buttons below.
What Procedures Are People Traveling For?
Affordable dental tourism is, by far, the most popular form of medical tourism. The most common procedures are dental implants, full mouth restorations, and crowns and bridges. The implants and materials used are exactly the same as those used in North America, at greatly reduced costs.
The Dental Tourist
There are several factors which may make a person travel abroad for dental procedures, including:
- A Desire To Save Money Typical savings by participating in dental tourism can be anywhere from 50% – 80%, all while receiving high quality dental work and getting a vacation at the same time.
- Many People Do Not Have Dental Coverage Many people in the Unites States and Canada do not have dental coverage; and if they do, the amount covered is very limited. Thus, they are usually paying high costs at home on everything from check-ups to crowns and bridges. Almost no one has coverage for cosmetic dentistry.
- High Quality Dentists The dentists in our network have been chosen for their high level of skill and their ability to cater to dental tourism. Many have been trained at some of the most prestigious US dental schools, and most clinics in our network are certified by US bodies such as the AAAASF and JCI, ensuring you peace of mind. In fact, most of our dental providers cater from 50 – 80% of their business to North American patients. You will experience state-of-the-art technologies equal to, or surpassing, what you would experience at home.
- An Opportunity To Take Your Mind Off Treatment Let’s face it, no one likes going to the dentist. In this case though, you have the added benefit of a relaxing holiday to look forward to, and your cost savings certainly make this possible.
- Short Time Away Necessary As our providers are used to dealing with dental tourism and usually have their labs on-site, procedures like the placement of crowns or implants can take as little as 5 – 7 days.