Weight loss / Laparoscopic and General Surgeries
Spanish / English
- General and bariatric surgeon at Hospital Clinica Biblica since March, 2004
- Total surgeries 1,800, with 350 being inguinal hernia procedures. He performs approximately 150 bariatric type surgeries per year including 40 gastric sleeve procedures.
- Dr. Jacobo Zafrani Graduated from the University of Costa Rica in January, 2004 with a specialty in General Surgery.
- Dr. Jacobo Zafrani is in the second year of his doctoral thesis (medical science investigation) with SalamancaUniversity.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy training with Dr. Garnier (known as the “Father of Sleeve Gastrectomy”) at Cornell University in New York. 2005
- Basic training and course work in laparascopic surgery procedures, Cendeis.
- Advanced training and course work in laparascopic surgery procedures, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina.
- Training and course work in laparoscopic colorectal surgery, UNNE, Corrientes, Argentina.
- Training and course work in gastric banding (Inhamed), Panamá.
- Training and course work in gastric sleeve procedures, NY USA.
- VAC, Panama.
- Post graduate training in bariatric surgery, ALACE 2006.
- Coordinated the first training seminar for advanced laparascopic surgery procedures in San José, Costa Rica.
Memberships & Affiliations
- College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Medical Union.
- Society of Costa Rican Surgeons
- Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgeons
- Association of International Surgeons
- IFSO (the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity)