Vascular surgery is a specialty of surgery in which diseases of the vascular system, or arteries and veins, are managed by medical therapy, minimally-invasive catheter procedures, and surgical reconstruction. The vascular surgeon is trained in the diagnosis and management of diseases affecting all parts of the vascular system except that of the heart and brain. Dr Marcial Fallas Camacho is the head of multi-disciplinary team of specialists dedicated to CCSVI liberation treatment. Dr. Fallas has been involved in nearly 1000 CCSVI Liberation procedures. Dr Marcial Fallas Camacho initially learned of Dr. Zamboni’s theory of chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency when Dr. Zamboni presented his research at The International Congress of Phlebology in Monaco in 2009, several months before it became widely publicized. Since that time, he has traveled throughout the world attending conferences in places like: Boston, New York, Arizona, Scotland, Frankfurt, and Leipzig. He is constantly aiming to increase his knowledge of the subject by sharing with other experts in this emerging field.
Mini-Fellowship in Endovascular Surgery Klinicum Sud, Nuremberg, Germany, April, 2007 Training in the use of Endovenous Laser Las Lomas Hospital, Mexico, August 2007 Specialty in Peripheral Vascular Surgery University of Costa Rica, May 2007
Doctorate in Medical Sciences Autonomous University of the Central American Medical Sciences, July, 1998.
- International Symposium of Phlebology, Bologna, Italy, March 26-27, 2010
- AngioJet Thrombectomy, San José Costa Rica, March 9-10, 2010.
- Medical Advance Training for Physicians, Mechanical Thrombectomy Workshop, Herz Zemtrum, Bad Krozingen, Germany, February 3, 2010.
- Leipzig Interventional Course, Leipzig, Germany, January 21-22, 2010.
- Endovascular Summit, Buenos Aires, Argentina, December 4-5, 2009
- XVth World Meeting of the International Union of Phlebology, Monaco, August 31-September 4. 2009
- Total Endovascular Series, Venous 1 Symposium, Houston Texas, USA, March 12-14, 2009.
- XXII International Congress on Endovascular Interventions, Phoenix Arizona, USA, February 11-14, 2009.
- It’s All About Veins, Advance in Venous Therapy, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, February 9, 2009.
- Endovascular Summit, Buenos Aires, Argentina, October 25-26, 2008.
- XXI International Congress on Endovascular Interventions, Phoenix Arizona, USA, February 11-14, 2008.
- Advanced Cardiac Support, American Heart Association, Clinica Biblica Hospital. San Jose, Costa Rica.
- Advanced Vital CPR with Trauma ATLS, College of Physicians, National University, June 22-24, 2007.
- Leipzig Interventional Course, Leipzig, Germany, January 24-27, 2007.
- Annual Meeting of the American Society of Vascular Surgery, Hotel Regency, Chicago, June, 2005.
- Actualization of the Detection of Skin Cancer, College of Physicians and Surgeons, February 28-March 1, 2003.
- CPR Basic Course at C.E.N.D.E.I S.S.S., November 20-22, 2002.
- National Medical Congress. UCIMED. College of Physicians and Surgeons, November 25-29, 2002.
- Postgraduate course in Clinical Drugs, College of Physicians and Surgeon’s, September 21-28 and October 5, 2002.
- Course on Post-Menopausal health, Corobici Hotel, September 3, 2002.
- Actualization course in Gastroenterology, College of Physicians and Surgeon’s, June 6, 13, 20, 27, 2002.
- First Actualization in the latest Pathological Management of General Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, June 1, 2002.
- Diagnostic, Treatment and Prevention of Acute Intoxications Caused by Plagues. National – Insurance Institute, January to September, 2002.
- Advanced Cardiac Support, CENDEISSS, “American Heart Association”, August 7-11, 2000.
- Unstable Angina and Myocardium Heart Attack. Electrocardiography, College of Physicians of Costa Rica, December, 1999.
- Advances in Diabetes Mellitus type I and II, College of Physicians in Costa Rica, September 29-Oct. 1, 1999.
- Basic Course in CPR at CENDEISSS, Sept. 22-24, 1999.
- Actualization in Arterial Hypertension, Radisson Hotel, March 9, 1999.
- Actualization in Gynecology and Obstetrics
- University Surgery Professor, UCIMED, since January, 2004.
- University Morphology Professor, University of Medical Sciences, January 2000 to June 2004.
- Vascular Surgery Meeting, San Jose Costa Rica, Hospital Clínica Bíblica, coordinator. 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Carotid Endarterectomy vs. Carotid Stents, Hospital Mexico, November, 2006.
- ACC/AHA Guides for the Management of Peripheral Arterial Disease, Renal Disease, Hospital Mexico, November, 2006.
- Endovascular Treatment for Carotid Re-stenosis Posterior to the Placement of Stent, Hospital Mexico, June, 2006.
- Pseudoaneurysm Iatrogenics, Hospital Mexico, June, 2006.
- Aneurysm in the Superior Extremities, Hospital Mexico, June, 2006.
- Use of Folic Acid and Vitamen B for Diminishing Seric Levels of Homocysteine in the – Vascular Disease, San Juan de Dios Hospital, April, 2006.
- Comparison of the Endoprthesis for the Reparation of the Aneurysm of the Abdominal Aorta, EUROSTAR, San Juan de Dios Hospital, September, 2005.
- Scientific Advances and Therapuetics in the Antiplatelet, San Juan de Dios Hospital, May, 2005.
- Endovascular Treatment of the Aorta Aneurysm, San Juan de Dios Hospital, April, 2005.
- Dissection of the Aorta, San Juan de Dios Hospital, March, 2005.
- Long Term Results of Venous Saphenous Reflux Treatment for Endovenous Laser, Hospital Mexico, February, 2005.
- Assisted Angioplasty Laser in the Severa Infrapoplytea and Critical Ischemia of the Extremities, San Juan de Dios Hospital, November, 2004.
- Diabetic Foot, San Juan de Dios Hospital, February, 2004.
Memberships and Certifications
- Member of the International Society of Endovascular Specialists, since March, 2005.
- Member of the International Society of Vascular Surgery.
- Member of the American College of Phlebology, since October, 2009.