Passport Medical Blog
More and more people are realizing the benefits of receiving quality medical attention where the level of care is high, the costs are reasonable, and the surroundings and attention during recovery make it easy to concentrate on getting well.
Medical Tourism in Puerto Vallarta scores top notch on all three counts, with several first class hospitals that feature the most modern equipment and a great variety of qualified doctors and nurses in all medical fields.
The first International Congress of Medical Tourism Mexico was held in Puerto Vallarta in 2010, thrusting the city into even greater prominence with health care practitioners from North America and Europe.
Medical Tourism in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Puerto Vallarta offers North Americans many different health care facilities and services, and our partners offer high quality, affordable medical care;
- Puerto Vallarta is easily accessible from many airlines in North America;
- The country is filled with interesting history and culture;
- Medical tourism in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is now a thriving business with some estimates suggesting 50,000 people per year visit the country for inexpensive healthcare, 90% of whom are American;
- Prices range anywhere from 40% – 80% cheaper than the same procedures in North America.
Money & Paying for Things
- The local currency is the Mexican Peso but US dollars are accepted and often encouraged;
- Credit cards are widely accepted in Puerto Vallarta;
- ATM’s are prevalent in the city;
- Traveler’s checks are not commonly used and can be difficult to change;
- US and Canadian residents do not need a visa to enter Mexico for up to 90 days;
- You do require a valid passport with at least 1 blank visa page and an expiration date greater than 30 days from your entry date to Mexico;
- A prepaid return airline ticket to leave the country is required;
- The main airport that most will use for entry is Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) which is located on the outskirts of Puerto Vallarta.
- All travelers must clear customs when they arrive in Puerto Vallarta.